Time: 30 minutes
Suitable for Vegans (with soy milk substitute for egg)
• 200g of tofu
• Small bowl of corn starch
• 1x egg (substitute this for soy milk if you're vegan)
• 2x tbs vegetable oil
• 1x tbs minced garlic
• 1x tbs minced ginger
• Half bunch of spring onions chopped
• 1x tsp of dried chilli flakes
• 1x cup of vegetable stock
• Dash of Chinese vinegar
• 1x tbs light soy sauce
• 2x tbs of sugar
• 1x tbs corn flour mixed with 4x tbs of water
Step 1: Drain tofu, pat drain and cut into bit sized cubes.
Step 2: Dip tofu pieces in egg wash or soy milk and then cover in corn starch.
Step 3: Heat half the vegetable oil in a saucepan and fry off the tofu pieces until they're all golden. Remove from heat and place onto some paper towel.
Step 4: Heat remaining vegetable oil and fry the garlic, ginger and spring onions. Add the cup of vegetable stock into the pan along with the light soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and chilli flakes.
Step 5: Mix the corn flour and water together and pour into the pan while stirring so the sauce becomes thick and then add the tofu back and fold altogether.