Easy Fried Rice
Liangfen (Chinese Cold Noodles)
Cold Chilli Chicken
King Prawn Bun
Hot and Sour Soup
Dakgangjeong (Korean Fried Chicken)
Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce)
hot and sour
• 1L chicken stock
• 2x crushed cloves of garlic
• 3x slices of ginger
• 300g thinly sliced chicken covered in sesame oil
• 200g wood ear mushrooms soaked in hot water for 20mins and then finely sliced
(If you don't have access to this, use shiitake mushrooms)
• 100g sliced bamboo shoots
• 1x tbs light soy sauce
• 2x tbs chilli flakes
• 1x tsp chilli oil
• 1x tbs Chinese vinegar
• 2x tbs white wine vinegar
• 1x beaten egg
• 3x tbs corn flour mixed with 4x tbs water
• Garnish with chopped coriander and spring onions
Step 1: Bring chicken stock to boil and keep on a low simmer.
Step 2: Add garlic and ginger and simmer for about 5mins then remove.
Step 3: Bring back up to a boil, then add the sesame oil coated chicken, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, chilli flakes and Chinese vinegar, white wine vinegar into the pot for a few minutes.
Step 4: Slowly pour in the beaten egg while stirring the soup so it mixes into the soup.
Step 5: Stir the corn flour and water mixture into the soup and bring up to the boil until it's nice and thick. Stir in the chilli oil.
Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped coriander and spring onions.