• 1 block of silky tofu cut into cubes and patted down with some paper towel
• 1/2 cup of peas and/or any other small vegetables
• 1/2 cup of pork mince (or beef or quorn)
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2x tsb minced garlic
1/2x tsb minced ginger
• 1x tsp ground Sichuan pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped zha cai (chinese mustard greens)
• 1 1/2 tbs doubanjiang (broad bean paste)
• 1/2 cup of water
• Chilli oil (to taste)
• Chopped spring onions to garnish
Step 1: With a tablespoon of neutral oil, fry off the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
Step 2: Add in the mince or whatever protein you are using and add the doubanjiang and cook well through.
Step 3: Add in the half cup of water as will as a pinch of salt and Sichuan pepper and let it simmer for a minute.
Step 4: Place the tofu, peas and zha cai into the pan and cook for for 5mins. Add your chilli oil to taste.
Step 5: Serve with chopped spring onions and a side of rice.